Terms and Conditions of Sale
The property in today's sale will be offered by Auctioneer as agent for the Consignor
according to the following terms and conditions:
- Indemnification - All purchasers are required to have a Bidder Number to bid giving full
name and address.
- All property is sold "as is", and ALL SALES FINAL. Property is open to thorough public
inspection, and it is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, etc.
- Though all description and commentary are believed to be correct, neither Auctioneer
nor Consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the
property, and in no event shall be held responsible for having made or implied any
warranty of description, genuiness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture,
source, origin, condition, etc.
- A bid by any person shall be conclusive proof that the person has made himself
acquainted with these conditions of sale and has agreed to be bound by them.
- The buyer shall be the highest bidder. Should a tie or dispute arise between two bidders,
the auctioneer may, at his discretion, re-open the bidding between the high bidders until
property is sold.
- To maintain the continuity of the sale, it shall be the duty of the auctioneer to advance
the bidding at his own discretion, and may reject a normal or fractional advance, should it,
in his estimation, prove injurious to the sale.
- In the case upon which there may be a reserve price, the auctioneer shall have the right
to bid on behalf of Consignor, or Consignor may wish to bid personally, or by Agent
However, in all cases, full commissions are due and payable to Auctioneer without
distinction or preference shown to such Consignor or Agent should he become the
- Time of payment - All bills must be paid in full before leaving the premises on the day
- Prior to removal of purchases, payment must be made in cash, or by other means as
announced by the auctioneer before the sale. Unless exempt by law, the purchaser shall
pay any and all applicable taxes.
- Upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, and/or when the Auctioneer says "sold", title
on the property shall pass to the highest bidder, who thereupon assumes full risk and
responsibility. All property shall be removed from the premises by the purchaser at his
own risk anil expense within the time period announced by the auctioneer and if not so
removed, may be sent by Auctioneer to a storage facility, for the account, risk, and expense
of the purchaser.
- Auctioneer shall, as a courtesy, undertake to make execution bills for responsible
parties in their absence, yet reserves the right to decline to do so, and in no case shall be
responsible for failure to do so. Please leave payment in amount of bid with accompanying
name and address. The difference between the sale price and the bill, or the whole
payment, if the bid fails will be returned at once. Removal of merchandise shall be in
accordance with other conditions listed herein.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item before or during the sale.
- Neither Auctioneer nor Consignor shall be liable for any personal injury on the premises
where sale shall be held.
- If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions herein are not complied
with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and the Consignor by law,
including, without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, the
Auctioneer, at his option, may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all
payments made by the purchaser or (b) re-sell the property publicly or privately, and in
such event the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs,
including storage, the expenses of both sales, Auctioneer commission at its regular rate and
all other charges due hereunder, and incidental damages.
- Removal - Removal shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. Purchases
will he delivered only on the presentation of a paid bill. Auctioneer shall not be responsible for
goods not removed within the time specified, and shall have the option of removing and
storing at the expense and risk of the purchaser any article purchased, but not paid for and
removed within the specified time. Non-delivery responsibility - Auctioneer shall not
in any event, be liable for non-delivery or for any other matter or thing, to any purchaser
of any lot, other than for the return to the purchaser or the deposit or sum paid on said lot,
should the purchaser be entitled to it.
- Claims - No claims will be allowed after goods are removed from the premises.
- All verbal announcements take precedence at time of sale.
Thank you for your attendance and patronage. We hope you enjoy today's sale, and are
able to make many advantageous purchases.